Monday, April 12, 2010

Surprises are wonderful!!!


So generally, I don't like surprises. I mean, random flowers are lovely, chocolate even better but I draw the line at surprise parties.








but even that can be remedied with a surprise pinata...I mean, who DOESN'T like having an excuse to hit something AND get rewarded for it!?


The surprise this weekend came in the form of a bottle I've never heard of: 2004 Crauford Wine Company, Cabernet Sauvignon, Tattoo Maroon Vineyard.

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy, I purred like a kitten when it invaded my mouth. Reading some cellar tracker reviews (http://www.cellartracker.com/intro.asp), most note that it is quite drinkable after an hour, but doesn't change much if you leave it to aerate over a few days, or decant for a bit longer.
I couldn't have cared less. Talk about a great wine that didn't need pairing to get two flaming thumbs up.

If you're having a ladies night, this is an excellent bottle to start with...have dinner with...end with. Yes. I was that impressed.

Ziv!

No comments:

Post a Comment