Thursday, April 8, 2010

yellow tail, bellow schmail

I'm sitting at a coffee shop writing this and I just heard the most giggle worthy thing. That I'm actually still giggling to myself really means something's up....
I heard...A FOREIGN ACCENT!!!! (Which let me tell you, in Pittsburgh, isn't heard very often). I think he's French and he SOOO knows that I'm giggling at his 'soo, k'en youh tell mee...'.

Sigh. I obviously didn't sleep well last night.

Yellowtail Shiraz.


The wine almost all of Canada thinks is an excellent everyday drinking wine...and from what I've read, most of Yellowtail profit comes from Canuks buying it up. As a former resident of Canada, I agree. Yellowtail dominates, at least in Ontario.

I don't like it.

And neither should you.

Let me give you some better options if you're spending frugally...
1. Killer juice Cabernet Sauvignon. It's a box wine. No no. No cringing. Its slogan is 'the box that beats the barrel'. In the case of that YTShiraz, they're right.

2. Little Penguin Shiraz--still in relatively same price range but much better

3. ANY OTHER YELLOWTAIL. Okay, so I'm totally not using the spitoon for other Yellowtails, but the Shiraz is particularly gross. Especially if you're drinking various bottles..you'll see. Do a taste testing at home.

Why am I talking about YTS as if I've recently drank it? Because I did. Last night. My husband and I have a rule, don't crack a good one if the other isn't around to share (sharing is caring, my friends, sharing is caring). So, I was out, and he looked at the options of blekky wine and decided for the YTS. Now, by itself, it actually wasn't too bad (I had a glass, or two when I got home). So, if you do happen to LLLOOOVVEEEEE it, don't shoot me. I'm telling you that if you work that nice palate of yours up to a good level you'll see that you'd rather grace it with a different wine's presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment