Thursday, April 29, 2010

flown the coop?....

I think not!
I've been absent because, sadly, there hasn't been much good handy wine drinking going on. I mean, of course there's been wine, but it hasn't been Wine. Instead, let me air some beef about drinking wine.

As of recently, my husband, and co-lover of wine, has taken to drinking wine like this:
Swirl (to open up smell)
Sniff
Oggle colour
Sniff
Sip-areating by sucking in some air at the same time (reverse whistle)
Swallow

None of that bothers me...not one bit.
BUT THEN. Oh then...

2nd sip, he areates again by doing the 'reverse whistle'but DOES NOT swallow
immediately (I hear all the 'that's what she said' giggles out there, don't think I didn't chuckle even though I'm on a rant), instead, he sloshes the wine all over the inside of his mouth, stripping it (and himself) of any dignity by likening it to mouth wash.


Don't yell at me, I get it. Let it coat all of your tastebuds and whodawha. We have an expert here who expounds on the way he likes to taste. It makes sense...http://www.viddler.com/explore/winelibrarytv/videos/889/
But it's the 3rd sip that puts me over the edge though...it's mouthwash motion again before swallowing. I mean. COME ON.

There's tasting and then there's drinking.
Here's to drinking!

Salut!

No comments:

Post a Comment